Six - All That Remains (Final Fantasy Edit)

Monday 19 November 2007

William Topaz McGonagall (Interview)


When was you born?
March 1825-30

Where about in Scotland was you born?
Edinbrugh, i was born into a very poor family my mum and dad were Irish.

When did you discover you were a poet?
I discovered myself to be a poet in the year 1877

How does it feel to be widely celebrated as the worst poet to have written in the English language?
I didn't think my poems were bad in fact some people really liked my poems.

How much poems did you write and how long did you write poems for?
I wrote 200 plus peoms for about 25 years.

Did you have any other careers besides poetry?
Yes, my father worked in the hand looming buisness he trained me to hand loom and i also had an acting career.

Where about did you act?
Dundee's Royal Theatre.

Did you like to act or write?
I prefered to write than to act

Did you ever get married?
yes i got married in 1946 to Jean King

What would you say is most famous peice of work?
I would say my most famous peice of work is the peom i wrote about the The Tay Bridge Disaster in Dundee.

Could you show us the first line of that poem?

Sure, Beautiful Railway Bridge of the Silv’ry Tay!Alas! I am very sorry to say,That ninety lives have been taken away, On the last Sabbath day of 1879, Which will be remember’d for a very long time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol james he's a bit like you no-one knows him and he has no friends lol

Dod said...

hey i agree with andrew you do have no matez